BIOACOUSTIC DATA TECHNICIANS
Technicians will be tasked with transcribing raw bioacoustic data into species detections for bird and amphibian monitoring in Alberta. Technicians will be using a state-of-the-art data transcription system developed by the Bioacoustic Unit. Applicants must pass a series of evaluations prior to employment. In early August, selected applicants will serve a 60-hour paid probation period prior to receiving a primary contract.
- Ability to identify western bird and amphibian species by sound and spectrogram. (Applicants without previous bird identification experience will not be considered)
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Access and audio editing software (Audition, Audacity)
- Demonstrate organization and communication skills
- Computer with reliable high-speed internet connection
- Headphones with the following specification: stereo, circumaural, no bass boost, frequency range 5-20,000 Hz
Number of Openings: 8
Primary contract: September 1 – December 31 with possibility of extension to February 28, 2018
Wage: $1.35 per audio minute processed ($27+ per hour based on expected productivity)
Contribution: 20 hrs/week
Application Deadline: August 25, 2017, 11:59 PM
Canadian Citizens Only.
**Position can be conducted remotely**
A resume and cover letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org